Thursday, May 5, 2011

Promises kept.

I can't help but look at my bible and think how BIG it is. Its actually quite small in size but the spiritual weight of what it carries is so vast I can hardly comprehend that there's a 'pocket sized' version. Isn't it unbelievable that it is the Living Breathing Word of God? I can only assume (or hope?!) that I'm not the only person that has at times become complacent in reading it and diving into the depths of it... but there is always a point at which I pass by it on my nightstand, or couch, or chair or wherever it was last left and my heart almost leaps from my chest. Its like my soul has been parched in a desert and at the sight of the Living Water it can hardly contain itself.

I found myself in Romans 4 today... reading about the Faith of Abraham. My spirit melted in the moment I read Romans 4:21 "He was FULLY convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises". There's a list to go on about the promises that Abraham believed God for... not to say that He didn't struggle when He didn't understand how God would come through on His word...and even make mistakes... but He was counted by God as righteous because of his faith. I think one thing I have struggled with in the last few years is knowing full well in my heart that God's promises are sure and will stand against anything... but being caught in the gap of not understanding His timing and outworking - because its not my timing and I can't see how He will do what He said he will do. (pretty sure if i knew all those things that would make me God and that is just as ridiculous as it sounds hah!) I found so much comfort in Abrahams story... He left a legacy of faith and He was FULLY convinced of God's promises and the repercussions of that today are mind blowing. I am sitting in my living room on the couch, writing this, overwhelmed of God's faithfulness to Abraham and what that means for me sitting here today... and overwhelmed by God's faithfulness to me... even after a long journey... and what that will mean for maizey when she's sitting on her couch, in her living room one day, thinking of the faithfulness of God.

I could post it a million times and the truth of His promise would never lose power:: He is faithful. His timing is ALWAYS perfect. He is close to the broken. He is close to the seeking...and He is after the deepest part of your heart. He will keep His promise.

xxxx

8 comments:

mije said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trey said...

Jill, howdy from Texas! Ever since seeing your commentary on desert song I've been intrigued to see what God was going to do with your life. I now see that he has blessed you and your hubby with a beautiful baby girl and continues to spur you on to write some of the most incredible worship songs I have ever heard. I see in you, through your circumstance with your little boy(what little there might be seen from half way around the world :) ), the faith that Abraham exhibited. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing and please don't stop writing those songs....they always lead me to the feet of Jesus....and I like that :)

Trey from Texas

jonathan capuano said...

This inspires me so much to love Jesus that much more. Thanks you so much for your words Jill. And an endless thank you for your worship ministry with Hillsong. It inspires me weekly, even all the way over here in New York! What an amazing, awe inspiring King we get to serve, get to love, and get to worship.

Jonathan

jonathancapuano.blogspot.com
jonathancapuano.com

Jen said...

This.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you for that. It was just what I needed to hear. I've been 'following' you since I discovered you were the amazing heart and creative gift behind the desert song. I was so thrilled when I heard your prayers were answered with a baby daughter! I know it can seem a bit stalkerish...the ability to follow people on facebook and twitter who we haven't met. But I just wanted to say, you're an inspiration!

Jade

Cristian Arnaud said...

“This Is Our God” (Yahweh-album version) was playing as I read this entry and it struck me how people’s lives can be a testimonial to God’s faithfulness. My bible is right in front of me, but somehow tonight I wasn’t experiencing those things you describe in your post about It… just one of those nights when you think you’ve waited enough… but seeing that people, real people, like Abraham, Paul and You kept waiting and “against hope believed in hope” puts something in me that convinces me He will show up any moment and deliver what He promised.

Thanks.

God bless you and Little Maizey.

Cristian.

His Beloved said...

Hi there. I just wanted to say how blessed I have been every time I visit your blog.... I think I'm always led to it in the times of the storm and God always softens my heart and reminds me of His love for me whenever I read your posts. Today I read this one, and I was moved by the last paragraph; in particular, by the words, "His timing is ALWAYS perfect. He is close to the broken." I wish I could explain how much these words mean, but right now I'll just say that I am grateful God uses you to remind me of His personal love for me :)

Nash e Colombo. said...

#I just wanted to say I was one of my greatest moments of despair when I walked into my blog and saw your post. I was tired of waiting ... When all we have are just promises, when we see nothing that embarrasses us and hurt. It hurts to know I'm not self-sufficient. But it hurts even more when I think about what would I be without God who makes everything be itself sufficient for me. This entry was prophetic in my life. It really was incredible.